Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multilayered Portraits by Lucas Simões

Brazilian artist Lucas Simoes makes these interesting multilayered cut out portraits. The outcome is awesome but the fascinating part is the process. Read more after the picture.

In this series of works I invited intimate friends over to tell me a secret as I took their portrait. However, my intention was not to hear their secret, but to capture the expressions of each one at the moment they revealed their secret. I also asked each one to choose a song for me to listen to in my ear phones while I photographed them. And, after the photo session, I asked each one if the secret had a color, and these are the colors the portraits carry. From this photo shooting session I chose 10 different portraits to cut and overlap.























Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook

No comments: